Have you ever thought about trying to make money on the Internet? Are you looking for freedom from the J.O.B.? Many people just like you are looking to do the same and are wondering, “What are the best Affiliate Programs” to make a good income from. Or maybe the question is, “Is there a way to make money on the Internet” Maybe you just want to make enough to help pay the bills at the end of the month.
Realistically, Affiliate Marketing is one of the best ways to earn a living and many are making enough that they have the freedom to do what they want when they want.
That said, I would like to offer up 10 affiliate programs that I think can help you do that as well but, first:
What Is An Affiliate Program?
A simple definition would be; An affiliate program is a program that is run by a company that sells their product online. Products that you like and use. They want to make more money so they develop an affiliate program that is offered to people like you who would sign up for and promote products on your website through written reviews with links to those programs.
There are many “Affiliate Programs” out there that cover just about anything that is sold on the Internet. Amazon has one of the most popular Affiliate programs out there. ClickBank is another. Another is Walmart. I’ll list more at the end of this post with a small description of the product. Some are better than others and some offer higher commissions than others. Some have a fee, some can be joined for free.
The networks/programs with fees mostly apply to those who are “Advertisers”, the business that sells the product you are promoting on your site.
How does Affiliate Marketing Work?
What is Affiliate Marketing and How does it work?
Well…it goes something like this. You are the affiliate and owner of the website. You choose the “Niche”, it might be kiting, and build your content around that niche. Your site might be called “goflyakite.com” and you write a review about particular kites and products reviews associated with your niche.
I hope the thought of building a website isn’t too scary to you. These days, WordPress has made it very easy to create a very nice looking website. WordPress has more than 3000 different themes and many more plugins to choose from, to suit a wide variety of online businesses.
Sorry about that but I to, hopefully, put your mind at ease when it comes to building a website. Pressing forward.
The affiliate link to that particular kite might be “theworldsbestkites.com/competition-kite/affiliatez0135790” The last part, which includes the number, is your affiliate link. It’s your Identification number for that particular affiliate program. No matter what product you promote, that affiliate link will always be a part of the product code. This is how the company keeps track of who is driving the prospective customers to their website.
I hope this is making sense.
So, you have a website with content/product reviews and a visitor who is looking for a kite finds your website, reads your review and decides to click on the link you have provided, it takes them to the place where they find the kite they are looking for and they make a purchase. You have probably experienced this yourself when you’ve been shopping online.
Here’s an interesting part I think you will like. Some of you may already know this but, while a person is interested in that particular kite, he may also find something else he is interested in and adds that to his cart and pays for all the items in their cart.
(Here’s the interesting part) Not only will you earn a commission from the sale of the kite but you will earn a commission on the wholesale, not just the item they were originally interested in. I think that is pretty cool.
This happens with all affiliate programs you choose to be part of, to the best of my knowledge. Did I mention that there are tones of Affiliate Programs out there that cover just about every niche you can think of?
I hope I’m not boring you with all this but, would you be surprised to know that, last year alone there were 3,607,080 searches conducted on Google every minute of every day, worldwide. That stat just blows my mind. That’s a lot of people looking for a lot of info on a lot of stuff. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a piece of that action?
I’m Interested. What Do I Need To Do This?
I can hear some of you saying, “I knew it! We have to spend money to get started!”
Well, yes, there are some tools/essentials that you will need.
“Great!” you say, “Does that mean I will have to invest $100’s of dollars before I can start? Aside from a computer, I have nothing. I have no skills, no client base, and, worst of all I have no idea where to start. I’m like a loaf of bread fresh out of the oven with no fillings, (PB and J), just plain, brand new.”
Believe me when I say, “I understand that.” I was there once too and I’m still not an “expert”. I still have a lot to learn but you know what they say about practice? It gets you there, it makes perfect, (well almost). To be honest, I don’t know of any business that got going without investing some dollars. If you have a computer, and a ton of people do, then you’re already half-way there.
All you need is some training, commitment, and belief in yourself. Everyone who has become a successful Internet Marketer was a beginner at some point just like you and me. They did and, so can you.
Whether or not you have to spend a lot of money? I guess that all depends on what you are looking for. Some “Affiliate Networks” do charge a fee but there are plenty of good programs out there that are free to join. I’ll list some of each. I should clarify that, while doing my research if found that in a majority of cases it is the advertiser/business owner, (the one who has the “Affiliate Program”), that has to pay a fee to the Affiliate Networks.
Don’t have experience? Not a problem. There are a lot of places where you can get the training you need to succeed. All you need is commitment, purpose and a will to learn. I’m actually part of one of the best training programs on the Internet. It’s called Wealthy Affiliate.
Yes, I am somewhat biased but, I have checked out some others and they just don’t stack up against Wealthy Affiliate. It has all the training you need to be successful online AND it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to get started. In fact, you can start for free and get two free websites as well.
Whether you’re trying to start an online Affiliate business or just a blog, It doesn’t matter if it’s a laptop or a desktop, either one will do. I’m using a laptop computer and, as I write this post, I am sitting in my living room with a little music playing in the background in the comfort of my armchair. I can do this almost anywhere I can find a WiFi connection and so can you.
Here Are a Few Examples Of Affiliate Programs/Networks
I said I was going to give you what I thought were some of the better “Affiliate Programs”. These are in no particular order. So, let’s get started.
1. Clickbank – This program is one of the biggest Affiliate programs available with over 6 million products and reaching over 200 million people worldwide. They have been in business for more than 17 years. I did a review of this affiliate program. You can read it here.
2. Amazon – Pretty much everyone knows about Amazon but, what most don’t know is that they have an affiliate program called “Amazon Affiliates” Their home base/ head office is in Seattle, Washington and they are the largest Internet retailer in the U.S.
As an Affiliate, you gain access to over 1,000,000 products. The picture below is a screenshot of the associates home page menu which has a bunch of very helpful information the will help an associate become successful promoting the products found on their website.
3. eBay – A lot of people, myself included, are surprised to find out that this company has an Affiliate program called “eBay Partner Network”. Commissions are between 50% and 70% depending on the product such as electronics or.lifestyle products. Associates can earn even more if a customer who hasn’t made a purchase in the past 12 months does so through your site. This looks to be what you would actually earn from the commission +100% although I’m not sure if that means double the commission or if they will add on the full price of the product. It’s not very clear in the information.
If you click on the link below, you can find all the commission details
eBay info link: partnernetwork.ebay.com/how-it-works/
4. CJ Affiliate by Conversant – This company was formerly known as Commission Junction and serves millions of people through their marketing network, online. I wasn’t able to find any information on their website about commission structures but, I would think it would depend on the product as with other affiliate programs.
If you want to be a “Publisher” with CJ it is free to sign up. This is where you can earn commissions as an Affiliate. Once they receive your application, you gain access to the CJ Account Manager, where you can then apply to advertise affiliate programs, and start monetizing your website content.
As an “Advertiser”, one of the conditions you have to agree to is “I understand that I will need to pay commissions on products sold and/or leads generated”. An “Advertiser” is the person selling a product.
In 2011, Commission Junction was able to track a total of over 3 billion website visits, 175 million transactions and had over $6 billion in online sales.
5. ShareaSale – ShareASale is a company with over 18 years, exclusively as an Affiliate Marketing Network and is Free to join. They have an excellent reputation as a fair and honest business that is well-known within the industry. They are home to more than 3,900 merchants spanning a wide range of products.
Again, I could not find any info on commission rates but, you will be paid when your account balance is at $50 or more. A $50 balance may seem high when other programs are at a $10 balance. I don’t have a clue why these balances should be so different. I guess they have their reasons.
6. AvantLink – This Affiliate Network was founded by Scott Kalbach in 2006. As Technology platform for affiliate referrals, Avantlink is leading the industry and they work hard to remain at the top by constantly upgrading and improving updates to their platform. Some of this is accomplished by fast implementation of newer tools and better technology.
They are one of the most beginner friendly Affiliate networks in the industry and only work with vetted affiliates who are serious about AM.
Commissions are paid out when your account reaches $25 or more, are paid out monthly and paid by cheque.
7. Flexoffers – is an award-winning Affiliate Marketing Network which means They have a network of businesses that use their platform to promote there business and products. They provide comprehensive solutions to both advertisers and publishers. Publishers are the Affiliate Marketers who promote the “Advertisers” products on their websites.
An Affiliate Marketer/publisher, who joins Flexoffers, receives access to millions of products and services across a collection of 12,000+ affiliate programs that is growing daily. Because they handle both sides of the affiliate marketing business, they have become a one-stop solution for all affiliate marketing needs whether one is an advertiser or publisher
The FlexRev-$hare program allows existing Affiliate Marketers/publishers to refer new publishers to the FlexOffers.com network for serious profit. You can earn up to 50% of the profit of all the publishers you refer.
If you are interested, here is the link: www.flexoffers.com
8. Rakutin Marketing – Was voted the #1 Affiliate Marketing Network for seven consecutive years. In 2016, they surpassed their performance by facilitating more than 100 million orders worldwide.
There doesn’t seem to be a clear view of how the affiliate marketing structure works in relation to commission rates so one is left to believe that it would work the same way as other AM networks in that you sign up with Rakuten and choose Affiliate programs that suit your website.
That said, being the #1 Affiliate Network for seven straight years says a lot about this company.
9. Avangate – is an affiliate network for digital goods and services for global market distribution. Affiliates have access to a growing database of over 22,000 software products as well as advanced tools for marketing and expertise.
The cost of joining is free and there are no hidden upsells. All you do is choose the tools you that are right for you and the products you want to promote on your website and you’re ready to go. They also offer a “FREE” copy, (probably digital), of a book called “100 Tips For Successful Affiliate Marketing
They also claim to have the industry’s highest commissions with prompt monthly payments for all the sales you make. There is also 24/7 support for all affiliates.
That makes 9 and, I did say that I would give you ten didn’t I. Well, I would like to use up #10 with a short blurb about the affiliate program that is part of Wealthy Affiliate. You can read my review about WA here. All costs for membership are covered in my review.
10. Wealthy Affiliate – The WA affiliate program is one of the most lucrative affiliate programs on the internet today with several ways to earn. The best way to earn consistent revenue is by referring others to the community.
This happens when you promote WA through your website and, when someone joins WA through your site, you will receive a commission. Those who join WA have several options to chose from. They can choose to pay by the month or by the year and there is a special offer once a year on Black Friday weekend.
AS a “Premium” member you would receive $23.50 every month from the monthly members and, $175 every year for those who join as yearly members plus an extra $100 one time payout for every referral who joins a “Premium” member. These commissions are ongoing as long as the person stays a member of WA.
Other Benefits Of WA Membership
The training at WA is extensive
- They offer two separate training courses.
- LIVE interactive classes that happen every week.
- An extensive catalog of industry training.
- You can earn money by producing your own training and
- Every member has a personal blog page where they can pass on what they have learned and/or accomplished.
- WA provides a hosting experience like no other where you can feel safe while running your business. Their hosting services are next level. These services would cost $250-300 a month and are provided but WA at no extra cost to the members.
- They take care of the technology, the security, the monitoring.
- They have 24/7/365 tech support. If you have an issue they will respond within 5 min of receiving your request for help. I know this to be true because I have had to ask for tech help a few times and they have always responded quickly AND with solutions.
- They have us covered when it comes to Viruses and Malware.
An amazing Content Writing Platform
- Members have access to over 1,000,000 free images to help make their site look great.
- Grammar and Spellcheck are included as well as a plagiarism checker that pretty much guarantees that your content is unique and will rank better in Google and other search engines.
Just a couple of more items
- An amazing “Keyword” research platform called “Jaaxy”
- A community of more than 1.2 million active members who are at different levels of earning and expertise. They live all over the world so there is always someone who can help or chat with whenever you need help.
I know this post has been long and I want to thank all of you who have made it this far. My goal here was to give you all an overview of what is available in the Affiliate Marketing sphere. What I have shown you above is only a small piece of that.
The last part was about Wealthy Affiliate and is only a small representation of all they have to offer for those who are considering the possibility of being an online entrepreneur, beginner or experienced. If you want to have a closer look at what WA has to offer, you can see by following this link: What WA Has To Offer
I really hope this article has been informative and if you have any comments or questions I would be happy to read them. It is my full intention to help each and every one to be successful with their online adventures and any feedback is greatly appreciated.
All the best to you,
Owner and writer of this website.