Why Wealthy Affiliate?
What is the best website hosting service for Internet Marketing and why do I think Wealthy Affiliate (WA) is better? To be honest, I don’t know all there is to know about website hosting but, I know that there are a lot of people in this world that are looking for a way to make money on the Internet, People from all walks of life.
Whether you’re just looking to earn a few dollars to help make ends meet. Or perhaps you’re retiring and you have an idea for a website where you can blog about your experiences and pass on some wisdom to the next generation. Maybe you have a passion you want to share with others or, a service you can offer or, you think you would be good at selling stuff on the Internet.
Could be that you are looking for a way to make enough money and break away from the day to day work place to have the freedom to travel where and when you want or maybe just spend more time with your family.
Whatever the reason, you may be thinking that the Internet is the answer. Other people are finding ways to earn a living and find that freedom, why not me? Well…you can, why not you?
There are so many opportunities to share our experiences, passions, and interests on the Internet and make, in some cases, enough money to make that dream of freedom come true.
If that is you, if you have thought about starting a website then I ask again, “Why you should choose Wealthy Affiliate (WA) instead of another hosting platform?” I suppose the simplest way to answer that question is to take a look at what other hosting platforms have to offer as compared to WA.
This is going to be a rather long post so, I hope you will read it all. If you have any questions, please leave them below. So, what do you say we get started?
What Is A Hosting Platform/service?
There are a lot of “Website Hosting” services on the internet. Some better-known ones are HostGator, Bluehost, GoDaddy, DreamHost, Web Hosting Hub, and WordPress which has hosting and many themes/website designs to chose from as well. But, what is website hosting?
Well, In a sense, when you sign up with a “Hosting Service” you are renting space on a (probably massive) computer to hold your website. Your host, the (massive) computer where your website files are stored, assigns an address (DNS) for your files to your domain name so that anyone can find your website on the Internet by typing in your domain name.
Side note: Have you ever come across a term or group of capitalized letters and not known what they are? What does DNS mean? Well, it’s Short for Domain Name System (or Service or Server), an Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses. My domain name is www.mystayhomebzns.com but the IP address might be something like 260.179.430.7. Hope this helps.
If you are thinking about buying a domain name and starting your own website there are a few things I think you should know before you start up with a website hosting service. As I searched through some of these services, this is what I discovered.
– Most of these hosting services offer a low start-up price like $1.99/month or $2.99/month which is a considerable saving over their regular monthly fee. However, When I started my first website the offer was the same but, the host wanted the first 12 months up front. There was no option to pay monthly and, at the end of that year, the price increased.
In some cases, a hosting service may require you to pay for two or three years of service in advance in order to receive that price and, as I mentioned, when the promotion is over the prices can increase quite a bit
– the renewal price for some services can be two, three, or even four times. Even at $1.99/month that still adds up to almost $24 a year and that’s just for the hosting service. The regular prices of this service can be $7.95/mo and as much as $79.99/mo or more, depending on what you may require for your online business.
Some of these hosting services have different levels or plans starting with a basic plan. If you want something better and more inclusive you are, of course, going to pay more. Let’s take GoDaddy for example.
Each one of these has different benefits for different needs
WebHostingHub has similar pricing, as does GoDaddy. DreamHost doesn’t seem to have any promotions going on at the moment and their prices are $7.95/mo Shared, $15/mo VPS and $169/mo for Dedicated
– Migration or transfer services are often free or offered at a nominal fee. These services help move your existing site to the new hosting provider.
– Most, if not all the best web hosting services offer 24/7/365 support, many are through “Live Chat”
– There are some hosting services that offer a free website. I like that. (I know of a hosting service that offers 2 free websites and free hosting for those websites and more.)
– One thing I noticed while researching this post was, many of these hosting services/platforms have different kinds of, what I will call, hosting programs. Programs like:
- Shared hosting
- WordPress hosting
- VPS hosting starting
- Dedicated servers starting
- Dedicated server
- Cloud hosting
All of these hosting and server programs have a monthly fee associated with them. These Hosting sites also have varying loading speeds ranging from 521ms load time for HostGator. Many are way faster and a few are slower. In the end, these hosting services can add up to several hundred dollars a year to more than a thousand dollars+ depending on your needs.
Of course, a place to host your website is only one part of the whole. You also need to purchase a domain name for your website. This is the least expensive part of the process. The yearly cost is minimal for .org, .com, .net but can get quite a bit more costly for specialized ones like .accountants, .archi or .auto which costs $2500/yr. Most Internet Marketers stick to the .org, com, and so on.
Pros and Cons
Website services like BlueHost, GoDaddy, HostGator and others, have built a good reputation for helping Internet Bloggers and Marketers get started in their online careers and their support is very good as well. They offer several options for service to those who are just starting out, all the way up to those who have more experience and are looking for better options for their business.
On the other side, although these website services offer up some of the best hosting available on the Internet and their support is there 24/7/365, there is not much, if anything, in the way of training/education, community support, keyword search tools or a site content platform (I will explain the content platform later) and the costs of dealing with some of these services can get up there as I demonstrated earlier.
Is There a Better Option?
In my opinion, YES, I think there is and that option would be Wealthy Affiliate (WA). Yes, I am a part of this amazing training and “Hosting” platform/service and upon reading that statement you might say, “Well sure you would promote something you are part of and that would mean you have a biased opinion.” And that is partly true, only in that, I have been part of WA for two years and I, like many others, (who have been part of WA way longer than me), do believe that WA offers much more than the average website hosting service.
So, Why Is WA a Better Option?
- 24/7 Managed Monitoring – WA watches our websites and their performance so we don’t have to
- 24/7 Automated monitoring – Web sites are automatically backed-up every day.
- 24/7/365 Site Support with an Average Response of 5 minutes or less when you have a problem!
- Virus & Malware protection – This is built into WA’s Site Protection platform. With so many ways that these things can get into our websites, WA has many layers of protection against this sort of thing.
- Powerful Servers, Powerful Sites – As I mentioned earlier hosting services and other platforms can run $200-$300 a month. WA offers all this to its Premium Members and THEY ARE EVEN FASTER.
You can check out all these benefits and more, See the FULL LIST to get a picture of what WA has to offer.
The thing about WA is that they are not just a website hosting service. They also have a top-notch training and education program which is composed of:
- Weekly “LIVE” Interactive Classes – There is a live class every week led by Jay who loves to share what he has learned since he became an online marketer more than 10 years ago. You can ask questions via the “Live Chat”
- As a Premium Membe, you will have access to over 300 hours of expert education
- Online Entrepreneur Certification (50 Lessons) – This is a training program geared toward those who are just starting out or have a little experience and want to learn more. This is excellent step by step training and each lesson has tasks to perform that will help you learn the right way through repetition, putting what you learn into action.
- Affiliate Bootcamp Training (70 Lessons) – Another training program to help you go from newbie to a thriving successful Internet marketer.
- An incredible catalog of industry training – composed of 1000s of training posts/modules that cover virtually everything in terms of running your own online business
- As a member of WA, you even have your own profile blog where you can share your experiences and journey online.
While some website hosting services offer a free website when you purchase one of their options, those who join WA as a Free Member are given 2 free websites on their SiteRubix.com hosting platform. As a Premium Member, this increases to a maximum of 50 free websites.
Along with the websites, you also have many great website designs to choose from for your website, 12 for a Free Member and 3000+ for a Premium Member.
Other benefits of WA website hosting are:
- There are over 51,000 “feature” extensions/plugins available within Premium that you can use to ENHANCE your website. So many possibilities.
- SiteDomains – the only all-inclusive domain platform in the world
- SiteSpeed – Tools to help improve your website loading speed so visitors to your site will stay longer reading your content and providing a better chance for sales
And There is MORE
It doesn’t stop with what I have mentioned already. As a Premium Member, there are many more benefits.
- Keyword and website research – There are literally billions of keywords and keyword phrases to search so you can find the best keywords for your content in seconds. As a premium member, you will have access to JAAXY Lite a great keyword and niche research tool.
- There is a huge community – There are WA members all around the world so there is always someone available, 24/7, to help when you have an issue. Even the owners of WA are available to offer there advice and expertise. As a Premium Member, you can tap into this help anytime.
- Support – As a Free Member, you will have live & instant support through the “Live Chat” platform. Premium Members have access to even more.
You can see a complete list of all WA has to offer here.
What Does It Cost To Join WA?
With all that WA has to offer they could most definitely charge more than they do and yet, their costs are more than reasonable.
- The FIRST 10 DAYS ARE FREE – Just set up your free account. No credit card information will be required.
- Premium MONTHLY Membership – $39/mo
- Premium YEARLY Membership – $359/yr
One thing to note is that all costs are in US funds. Not the best case scenario but still an amazing deal when you consider what other hosting sites are charging and they don’t provide the kind of training, community and, support that is provided by WA.
First of all, If you have read this whole post, I want to thank you for hanging in there. I know it’s long but, I think it is important to give you as much as possible so you have a good understanding of what WA has to offer.
The “Website Hosting Services” and all they have to offer are incredible but, they are lacking in certain areas and their costs can mount up depending on the individual’s needs AND they don’t offer many of the additional benefits that, as you can see, are offered by WA. These extra benefits would be of great help especially to those who are just starting out on the Internet and have little or no experience to draw on.
I hope that you can clearly see why I think WA is a better option. As always, If you have any questions at all, or comments about this post, please leave me a message below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I care about your success and want to help in any way I can.
Thanks again for hanging in there and all the best in your online adventures,
Owner and administrator of: