My Wealthy Affiliate Review
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Price: $49/month – $359/year USD (Join Here)
Starter Membership: Free
Owners: Carson Lim, President Kyle Loudoun, Vice President
In this review, it is my hope to help you decide, for yourself, whether Wealthy Affiliate (WA) is the real deal or a scam? A lot of reviews have been written about this program proving that it’s not a scam. On the other hand, there have been a few reviews that have given a very different perspective of Wealthy Affiliate, a not so nice perspective.
So, you might be saying, “Why would I write another review if there are so many already out there?” I’m writing this review because I have read some of those bad Wealthy Affiliate reviews and, to be honest, I don’t think the people who wrote those reviews really understood what Wealthy Affiliate was or what they have to offer. I don’t think most of them even took the time to fully check it out. Maybe, they just like writing bad reviews.
I hope you clicked the link because I think it’s very important that everyone has a full perspective of what is offered at WA. Go ahead and read other reviews. If you like what you’ve read and are interested in checking it out further, then come and click here to take advantage of the free startup account.
Take a few minutes to check out all the pages before making up your mind.
What is Wealthy Affiliate and Who is it For?
Wealthy Affiliate offers entrepreneurs, (beginners and experienced), assistance – in building websites, getting search engine rankings, generating revenue. They offer training, support and coaching along with the essential tools needed for running an online business. There is also a community of Affiliates, with varying degrees of experience, that adds to the support and coaching.
Here is an overview of what I will be talking about, (some are at the top of the page), for the rest of this review and how I rate them from 1 to 10.
- Name – Wealthy Affiliate, also known as Wealthy Affiliate University. Top of page
- Names of the owners – Kyle & Carson
- Price – 10, no upsells
- Website URL – www.wealthyaffiliate.com
- The training – is top-notch. I’ll give it a 9.6. They are always improving the format and it can be a little overwhelming.
- Support – Always there when you need them 10. The community is a 12.
- Research tools – 10
- Site Builder – top-notch as well but only a 9.8 because they are constantly upgrading this as well.
- WordPress Hosting – 9.9
About the Owners
Kyle and Carson have been friends for longer than WA has been around. They are both married and have families of their own. Both of them started their own online businesses 15 years ago and had to learn everything from scratch and through trial and error. There was little if any training at the time but they were still able to build profitable online businesses within a couple of years.
They had an idea to take their knowledge and put it together to help others do the same and Wealthy Affiliate was born in 2005. In the 12 years since they have built it to become one of the best and highest rated Affiliate training programs on the Internet. Even the “Better Business Bureau” gives them a 4.5.
Since its inception over 1,000,000 people have joined this Affiliate training program, with an interest in making a living or extra cash on the Internet or, in some cases, just help others by putting their knowledge and expertise out there for everyone to have access to.
Kyle and Carson, along with Jay and others, have worked continuously to improve the training and the tools to help the members be successful with their niche websites. Whether you are a Senior, Semi-retired, out of work, a stay at home mom, teenager, or have a disability, WA’s training can help everyone.
Speaking of Training
Wealthy Affiliate’s training is top-notch and covers everything from building a website to finding keywords for content ideas to how to get people to your website.
There is a “Certification” course for those who want to start a niche website and a “Bootcamp” training program if you decide to promote Wealthy Affiliate. There is “Live Chat” where you can go to ask questions when you get stuck.
- The “Certification” training includes 5 levels and each level has 10 lessons. Click here to see an example
- The “Affiliate Bootcamp” training has 7 levels and each level has 10 lessons.
- There are over 1000 video and text training tutorials and more training is added just about every day.
- Each lesson has tasks to complete so you can implement and learn while you do the training.
- There is also “live” video training every Friday, (or Saturday, depending on where you live in the world), with interactive question and answer and the end through “Live Chat”.
This training is available to all regardless of your level of experience, from the beginner with no experience to the seasoned veteran. Everyone can benefit from this training.
Whether your interest is shoes, makeup, art, quadcopters, RV lifestyle, food and healthy living…whatever your passion, WA will train you so you can be successful.
There is even an online chat room where you can ask questions and someone will be there to help within minutes. There is also a support team available to help when you get stuck or have an issue with your website. More on this in the next section. They are also constantly updating the training and tools
Everything, from the training and support and, the chat room is geared towards your success. One of the best things about Wealthy Affiliate is that they will never tell you that you will make a lot of money in a short period of time. Real success online takes work.
There is Also Great Support
If a member has any issues or needs some help, there are several ways to get the help they need. Check this out,
- a chat room – All around the world, there is always someone there you can talk to.
- a Search bar – Where you can type in questions. you’ll be amazed at what comes up.
- The WA community – Many are well experienced and are willing to help.
- Private messaging – Kind of like E-mail but better.
- A support group – a team of technicians that will help with your website and hosting issues.
And of course, there are the owners, Kyle and Carson. They’re really busy and it may take a few days before they respond to your questions but, they WILL respond to a lot of questions. They are very interested in how we are all doing. I and many others have had personal responses from them.
How about A Trip To Las Vegas?
Another exciting part of WA is the Affiliate Program. If through the promotion of WA, an Affiliate has 300 people signed up through their WA website, in one year, they are invited to a once a year get together in Las Vegas, for a weekend, where they talk shop, get extra training and just get to know each other and build relationships.
I have seen pictures and videos of these events and it looks like a fun time. These events are “All Expenses Paid”. Flight, hotel, meals and, I think they even have a limo service that picks you up and takes you to the get-togethers. Everything is paid for.
NOW, that’s a nice bonus for hard work, don’t you think
Pros vs Cons
- Getting Started Training (the process is completely SIMPLIFIED!)
- 13+ Full, Interactive Classrooms
- There is Video training every week from Jay, Tutorial training in the Classroom training and Courses
- More than 700,000 HELPFUL community members
- Live & Interactive Help from people all over the world and yes, even at 2 am in the morning!
- 2 Free Websites that are beautifully designed, from a wide assortment of themes
- Keyword research tools
- State of the Art fast hosting that is totally secure
- Access to Industry Experts & Millionaires like Kyle and Carson
- Last but not least, it’s Completely FREE to Get Started and there are no catches.
- There is only one “CON” if you want to call it that. There is a whopping amount of information and some people have been known to get somewhat overwhelmed, myself included.
I’m sure that a lot of university students feel the same way when getting into the classes.
My Reasons For This Review
I wanted to add a review of my own because I, like many others, think Wealthy Affiliate has the most to offer and is at the top of its field. I have been a member of Wealthy Affiliate for almost two years and have found that there is nothing inside Wealthy affiliate that speaks of “SCAM”.
I have never had any issues with them or their support or the community. I’m not really sure why others have written bad reviews about WA or what their beef is.
So…What is the definition of the word “Scam”? Google says “A dishonest scheme or fraud. Like someone who devises a plan or deceives someone into parting with money through false pretenses, taking advantage of the elderly or anyone they can suck into their scheme. Quite frankly I am soooo tired of hearing about the next scam that’s circulating around the world.
A good example of this would be a company or business that makes big promises for little investment and, once your inside, you find out that there are multiple upsells for better training or other products.
People get scammed on the Internet quite a lot through programs that, at some point, have them starting to believe that they have been taken. In my research, I have found that up to 90% of people looking for stuff related to Internet marketing have felt this way at some point. This causes those folks to be skeptical and, in some cases, be fearful about the honest programs.
Wealthy Affiliate is not like that.
Some have been ripped off so many times and failed because of this, it has affected their self-esteem and they have a real “fear of failure” that the same thing will happen if they try again.
That is why I’m writing this post, to give you an honest review without bias. I will give you the facts about Wealthy Affiliate, and you can make up your own mind.
Two things I will tell you right up front.
1. WA is NOT a get-rich-quick opportunity and will never make that claim and
2. It is NOT going to recommend upgrades for more material and higher levels of training, at an extra cost. That kind of stuff does not exist at Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate does, however, promise to give everyone all the teaching and skills necessary to give everyone the ability to succeed in the online world no matter what your online skill level is. WA does not guarantee that everyone will make money or do it quickly unlike other so-called “Get Rich Quick” programs and they will let you check it out “FREE” for the first 10 days.
They do promise that if you are willing to do the work and follow the instruction taught in their courses, you will succeed.
If you want to learn about my own search for ways to making an income on the internet click here.
My Final Words And a BONUS
I realize there is a lot to digest here and think about but the one thing I would like you to promise to do if you decide to sign up as a free member is to please set up your account. You don’t have to pay anything u front and you don’t have to give any credit card information. I don’t want you to spend any money without knowing what is here first.
If you DO choose to upgrade to “Premium” you will be part of what I believe to be, the best Affiliate Training program around. At a yearly cost of $359/USD (almost but, less than a dollar a day), I think that’s pretty good bang for the buck.
As a “Premium” member you will also receive these bonuses:
- if you do decide to join WA as a PREMIUM member in the first 10 days you will receive a 59% discount on your first months’ membership, (only $19.00 USD instead of $49).
- a personal “Hello” from me with more information
- more training modules.
- a ton of videos
- Live training once a week from Jay
- Access to the amazing community of over 800,000 members all over the world.
What you won’t get are more pitches for more upgrades. As a “Premium Member”, you will have access to everything WA has to offer at NO extra cost.
Finally, again, I know there is a lot to process here but, if you have ANY questions at all, or comments, please leave them in the space provided below. I really do want to hear your feedback. I will get back to you as soon as possible, usually within a day or two. Everyone is important, so I will answer your questions to the best of my ability.
Wealthy Affiliate is here to help you succeed.
All the best,
Updated: February 9, 2018