NAME – Afillorama
WEBSITE URL – www.affilorama.com
OWNERS – Co-Owner Mark Ling, CEO and Co-Founder Simon Slade
Premium Membership – $1/ first 30 days, $67/month thereafter
Rating – 70/100
Affilorama was started by Mark Lee in 2006 and co-founder Simon Slade. Mark has 20+ years of experience as an affiliate marketer. After being an Affiliate for 8 years, he decided to put his experience together as a training program and created Affilorama’s first videos offering step by step instruction to anyone who wants to become an Affiliate Marketer.
As the director at Aﬃlorama, Mark Lee supports product creation, email marketing, webinar marketing, performing launches, and liaising with and attracting partners and aﬃliates.
Simon Slade oversees the strategic direction of the company, manages and contributes to product design and supervises staﬀ and daily operations.
Since Affilorama began its membership has grown to over 300,000 people worldwide and offers introductory lessons for free as well as other comprehensive training and tool packages for further learning. It is a legit training program with good training except for a couple things which I will explain below in the CONS section.
As I said, this is a good training program but I would suggest that you check out the free membership and have a look around before you make a final decision to upgrade to the “Premium Membership”
Pros vs Cons
- Starter membership is free. There are free lessons which will give a limited look around and will get you started.
- Support is available from other members in the “Forum” portion of Affilorama where you can ask a wide range of questions.
- The cost of the “Premium” membership is within reason. $67/ month = $804/yr in US dollars.
- Mark has a good reputation within the Affiliate Marketing training industry.
- There is an “Affiliate Program” where you can earn a 50% commission on every membership you refer that buys any of their products. They have a good collection of affiliate resources that are updated on a regular basis, full of banners and other materials to help with your campaigns.
- Even though the initial startup cost IS free, there seems to be a time limit for taking advantage of the $1 – 30-day trial. There is a time clock on the top right side that indicates how much time you have left to respond to the offer. I don’t think this is a good idea and could, potentially, turn someone away if they are feeling squeezed into making a decision too soon.
- There could be some confusion as to which program to choose. Each program offers, what I would call, a different level of training.
- Some of the training includes creating “Backlinks”. From what I have learned concerning “Backlinks”, things have changed a lot in the last few years. What may have been a good strategy a few years ago can get us in heaps of trouble today. Google continues to update “Panda” and “Penguin” and with each update, more and more people are losing rankings for their websites and some are even losing their online business altogether
- Using PLR (private label rights) content on your sites is another issue that Google doesn’t like either. PLR content is duplicate content, someone else’s content. This is called plagiarism and Google will not tolerate this. Those Penguins and Pandas want to see unique content and that can only be accomplished if we write our own, in our own words. You can also have someone write content for your site as a guest but the drawback there is that it can be expensive. PLR content is, in no circumstances a good idea.
- Support comes from a support group and you will probably have a difficult time trying to get advice or help from Mark.
- The cost of the additional programs can get expensive especially if you buy all their products. For the cost of the “Premium” membership, I honestly believe that these additional programs should be included.
Who is the Affilorama program for?
Affilorama is for anyone who wants to start an online affiliate business or take their online business to the next level. You don’t have to have any experience to get started with Affilorama.
There is a couple of different training programs in Affilorama. The starter training is designed to take you step by step through the basics of creating a website with the use of videos and other training that covers the basics of Market Research, Content creation, search engine optimization (SEO), paid per click (PPC), Affiliate Outsourcing and, Marketing Ideas. this training costs $0 with the free membership.
The other training comes in two different programs that I call “Up-sells” because they will cost more above the $67/mo Premium Membership.
UPSELL #1 – AFFILOTOOLS: COST- FREE for Affilorama “Free” and “Premium” Members. I don’t think I would call this training but rather a way to check your stats and how your website is doing in the search engines. If you want to see if your efforts at SEO are doing the job just check Affilotools.
Affilotools tracks your rankings in more search engines automatically so you can see what is happening. It will also help you find keywords that will help you the most and you can even see ranking results for different countries.
UPSELL #2 – AFFILLOBLUEPRINT: COST – $197 (one time cost), with 2 Bonuses. The first is a “Website Building Tool” which would normally have a “Value” of $97 and it looks like it is included at no extra cost. The second appears to be another upsell. It’s called “1-month trial of my marketing tool suite” which would normally be valued at $67. This is a “Step by step, proven system” for making money online that they say really works.
UPSELL #3 – AffiloJetpack: COST – $997 Again, this is a one time cost. This package comes with a lot of things
included and I’m not so sure it’s the best thing to be selling. I really think it should be included in the premium membership.
As you can see, it is comprised of four components that are supposed to be a “magical money-making system”. When I read phrases like that a little red flag goes up. It seems that this is the part where the content is already made for you. Here is a brief overview of the four components.
Sign up for your FREE AFFILORAMA ACCOUNT here
COMPONENT #1 – 90+ Expertly crafted emails designed to build trust. These are written by experts and meant to be used in order, in sequence to help build subscriber loyalty and sales. This is supposed to run completely on autopilot.
These are not meant to be used as content on your website as they are E-mails. As an E-mail, they are OK and are sent out as a response to someone who might be interested in more information or may have signed up for the free account.
COMPONENT #2 – Super-effective “bait”? First of all, I don’t like the word “bait”. If you have the right “bait” you will supposedly have people climbing over each other to sign up for your newsletter that going to make them money? The three well written “free reports” are going to help “build your subscriber list FAST”? How fast?
COMPONENT #3 – A website that is great looking and can be built with just a couple of clicks is included in this package. Now, I like this one. You have to have a way to get all that information out to people so, having a website included is a good thing.
Only the first 12 months of hosting is included. After the initial 12 mo. you have to pay for the hosting. In a previous post, I talked about hosting and it can the “Affilotheme” is included and it is your website (you own it).
COMPONENT #4 – An easier way to get good content for your website. This component comes with 20 content “cheat sheets”. You don’t have to do the research because it’s already done for you. You can take these “cheat sheets” and write your own content or you can give the info to someone else who will write the post for you BUT, that could get costly if you are having someone write your content for you.
I agree that doing the research is the hardest part of writing content. I know, I have done it for all my articles but, I get a deep satisfaction out of knowing that I have done it myself and it’s in my own words and the best part is…GOOGLE LIKES IT.
My best advice would be to write your own content. Use the “cheat sheets” as an information source, do some of your own research and don’t outsource. You don’t become an authority when you let someone else do the heavy lifting.
(place WA banner here)
Is There a Support Network?
The support network at Affilorama is pretty good in fact they have “real human” support 365 days a year. This support comes in the form of a search bar where you can type in keywords about your question and, like Google, it will come up with some suggestions around that search.
There are also several areas one can click that deal with different aspects of Afillorama. There is also support through the member forum although it could take a few hours to get a response from someone. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of activity on the forums. Most of the last responses I saw on this particular day were anywhere from a few hours to 3 days to a week or more ago.
There is also support through email and a phone number you can call (Mon-Fri 5:00 pm till 1:00 am EST). Note the hours. If you need to talk face to face on the phone you may be stuck until the late afternoon depending on where in the world you live. There is also a list of helpful articles that may have an answer to your questions.
As for direct contact with Mark himself? He does make an appearance from time to time on the forum but members can’t contact him directly as there is no private messaging available. He is a very busy guy and just doesn’t have a great amount of time it would take to personally instruct affiliates.
How Much Is Affilorama Going To Cost You?
The costs for Affilorama are not outrageous but they can be a little up there is you are on a tight budget. That said, they offer:
- FREE MEMBERSHIP with a promotion to upgrade to,
- PREMIUM which is $1 for the first thirty days and $67/mo? thereafter.
- AffiloTools is free to all Affolorama Members.
- AffiloBlueprint is a onetime cost of $197
- AffiloJetpack is also a one time cost of $997
As I said, the costs are not outrageous but there are a few other expenses that you should keep in mind. First, you’ll need to buy an autoresponder which might cost as much as $20/mo and, your website hosting fee won’t be free either, after the first 12 months. You may also have to pay to renew your domain name as well which could cost another $14.
It’s also important to note that all the package costs and the extra charges will be in U.S. Dollars and, when you add it all up, the total comes to well over $1950 without the Autoresponder which drives the cost to over 2100 if you purchase all the packages. Now it’s getting expensive.
There is no clear indication of what the Premium monthly cost WILL be. I am just presuming that it will be $67/mo (according to my research). Is it possible that there might even be a prompt for the $67 upsell after one buys one of the packages? I don’t know, it’s not clear.
Even though I have said some negative things about Affilorama I still think they have a lot to offer a new beginner and their costs are within reason. The one thing I would suggest is, that you be very careful about the packages you choose. Sometimes less is more.
They have a good support network and there is always new information in the forum and the training has been updated.
Affilorama is Legit
However, the fact still remains that Affilorama does still teach some practices that are no longer liked by Google and could seriously hurt someone’s business.
I was also a little disappointed to be getting a slew of e-mails within the first couple of days after joining the free membership wanting me to upgrade to the “Premium Membership” and/or purchase their training packages.
How Does Stack Up Against My #1 Choice?
But How does Affiloramma stack up to Wealthy Affiliate, my #1 choice for Affiliate Marketing Training?
Here is my comparison of how they stack up against each other.
I want to mention a couple of things about this comparison. First, while it is easy to get help there is no “Live Chat” where you can get a response almost immediately, 24/7/365.
There is ONE website included with AffiloJetpack but, ONLY one. Wealthy Affiliate gives you two free websites when you create a free Membership. Hosting is free. As a Premium Member, you get 25 free websites on the “SiteRubix” platform which is owned by Wealthy Affiliate (WA) as well as hosting for up to 25, owned by you, websites all hosted through WA.
Wealthy Affiliate has all you need to be successful online and the cost is minimal and there are no upsells. All you need to do is be committed to the process of learning and building your website. You can read my full review of Wealthy Affiliate here. I would be happy to hear what you think.
I hope this review has been helpful to you and if you have any questions about what I have said here, please leave a comment below and I will respond as soon as I can, usually in a day or two. Your questions and comments are important to me so don’t leave without saying something, good or bad.
This website is solely for the purpose of helping others, like me, to be successful with their online business carriers. I hope you are all successful in your venture. You Can Do It!
Owner and author of mystayhomebzns.com